Wednesday, April 29, 2009

wrecked?


Gosh, I just looked at some digital images of new paintings and realized that I wrecked one painting by repainting it. In other words, the old slides looked better than the new one. That is sad. There is no command z in painting.


This one I do like. It's mostly ink with a bit of paint. I have two other new india ink-based paintings. I love them. I love ink so much. The tree could use some work but I really love the landscape on the bottom. The suggestion, in ink, is really better than anything finely detailed in color.

This weekend is another open studio...our last before I have to completely rip apart the studio. They are replacing our wall of windows which means I have to rip out my storage rack and reconfigure the whole place. I am frightened that paintings may get damaged....will they have the whole place open to the elements for days? Even moving paintings can damage them sometimes...

I will be most eager to make deals on any of the large paintings to get them into a safe home instead of this soon-to-be-construction zone.

Am having a party on Friday night -- totally unplanned as of now...but what the heck -- come by!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home