Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Painting books

I woke up in the middle of the night with a vision of a traditional, classical-looking painting of a pile of books. You must paint what you dream about!
I want to work with books since I have a lot of feelings about all the art being done with books that don’t involve reading.

I am now painting it at the studio, sitting low to get a good vantage point. I put a spotlight on the books and turned off the other lights. It is difficult to see the canvas though.
I gave a nice piece to the large Lyme Light Foundation auction that is coming up next month. I realized I did not have any other recent work that I could give to an auction. So I decided to paint some flowers. And it's Spring and I love tulips. I have had good luck donating flower paintings to auctions. I will show a few of these new flower works at the next open studio.
White Tulips with Watch
I am trying to keep these new paintings vastly underworked rather than vastly overworked.
I am also working very hard on another new book about rabbits. I just sent my first draft off to some readers! Still a lot of work to do. It is a long book with over 70 color illustrations.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home