Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sawing in high heels

I raced over to the studio tonight from my day job for some volunteer meeting but I missed it by a day. Typical spaciness.

So since I was there and am getting ready for the big fall Open Studio event, I decided to do some framing. The other day I spent $400 on 8 frames. They didn't even give me screws for them which is so annoying. I made a point of having a little tantrum about it in the frame shop. Anyhow I also bought some wood slats to frame bigger works. So I did some quick sawing and got one new frame ready for staining. All in my heels that I wore to work.

I like the idea of landscape painting in a bikini and framing in high heels. It appeals to the girl who grew up in the James Bond era.

I wore work boots in my prime...this is what we wore, those feminists and strong young women against rape and such. I think if I had worn heels my life would be completely different. I would have met different men. I would have dated more. Who knows?

You could say I'd have more foot trouble but as it is I have some trouble from wearing pointy shoes as a kid. And I've fallen off platforms plenty of times just like everyone else.

So I have to admit the frames were not great but they seem to help somewhat. It was not a cakewalk to get the art into them and one I turned over to see that I had damaged the frame. That was a fast $50 bucks down the drain. I thanked the artist who referred me to the frame shop and she said she doesn't use frames anymore. They get damaged too easily.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home